The Institute of Technology and Life Sciences conducts research and development work in the field of natural and technical science. It has the right to award doctoral and post-doctoral degrees in the field of agronomy, agricultural engineering, and environment management.
The InstituteÔÇÖs objectives include conducting research and development work, implementation, dissemination, counselling, education, training, promotion, innovation, and monitoring with regards to such areas as:
- agricultural engineering and technical solutions applied to crop and livestock production;
- agro-energy, including bioenergy and other renewable energy sources;
- water supply and drainage engineering, reclamation of land and water sources, construction of hydraulic structures and machinery, and flood protection facilities;
- construction of rural buildings and roads;
- materials engineering and operation of technical equipment in agriculture;
- engineering and technology of rural sanitation and sanitary condition of villages, disposal of sewage sludge and municipal waste, as well as waste from food processing;
- conservation of nature, biodiversity and diversity of landscapes in rural areas;
- management of permanent grasslands in lowlands, uplands and mountains, technology of feed production, threat assessment and conservation of grassland habitats, soil and water;
- water management in agriculture and rural areas, irrigation and drainage, water shortages, floods, and water balances;
- pollution and protection of water quality, wastewater and sewage management and disposal in rural areas;
- shaping the environmental conditions in agricultural facilities and reduction of greenhouse gas, odour and dust emissions from agricultural sources;
- usefulness and safety of agricultural machinery.
In the HabitARS project, the team from ITLS is in charge of coordinating WP7, coordinating and conducting field botanical measurements in 8 research areas, as well as preparation, analysis and interpretation of the results.
The HabitARS project management at the Institute of Technology and Life Sciences:
- Coordination of WP7: dr Hubert Pi├│rkowski,
- Administration: Ma┼égorzata Chilczuk.